Monday, December 31, 2012

Soul Mates

Happy New Year's Eve!  I can't believe Christmas is behind us, and a New Year is upon us!  I am always so excited to enter a new year.  Excited for all of the new things it brings.  We usually try to stay home with our kiddos on New Year's Eve.  Occasionally we will have some friends over, but this year we will just be at home with family, eating munchies, playing games and ringing in the New Year right!  Home with my family is exactly where I want to be the most!  I hope whatever you are doing, you have a safe, fun, night!  May the New Year bring you lots of blessings! 

We have something a little different going on this week at Let's Get Sketchy.  We usually change things up a bit when there are 5 weeks in a month.  This is a fun one!  The challenge is called "not so picture perfect".  We all have taken those pictures that are blurry, someone's head is cut off, the coloring isn't right and you can't really fix it, right?  Well, the challenge is to use one of those pictures, one that you would normally never use.  This gave me the opportunity to use this picture of me and my hubby.  We were at a concert and took this with our cell phone.  Usually, I can get pretty good pictures with a cell phone, but not really this one.  My head was cut off, shading was terrible on my face, and it was a tad bit blurry.  Nonetheless, I love it!  I hope you will have time to dig out those "not so perfect pictures", and join in on the fun! 
Here is my take on the challenge:
 
This layout was made using the Echo Park "So Happy Together" paper.  I am really loving Echo Park lately, and thought this paper and embellies was perfect for this layout! I also did a lot of hand stitching on this one.  :)
Thank you so much for looking!
 
post signature

3 comments :

  1. Melinda, I would like to thank the visit to my blog and wish you a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You layout is so pretty! Love the product choices! Great "not so great" photo! You New Years Eve plans sound heavenly! We are planning much of the same, but it will be a very loud eve with my bunch! Have a wonderful New Year in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Love the stitching and the hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are always appreciated! Have a great, blessed day!